You’ve probably heard that circumcision rates have sharply and steadily fallen in the US, and in 2009 only about a third of baby boys in the US had their penises surgically altered… And you’ve probably heard all the reasons why circumcision is not medically necessary, and why most of the world doesn’t do this to their babies…… But in case you are still on the fence about it, here are ten reasons not to:
1. Your son will thank you.
2. Your son will thank you for not removing one of his body parts without his willing consent.
3. Your son will thank you for not subjecting him to a painful and medically unnecessary surgery when he is only days old.
4. Your son will thank you for allowing him to experience his sexuality the way nature/God intended him to.
5. Your son will thank you for not having a damaged or dysfunctional penis as the result of botched circumcision.
6. Your son will thank you for having greater sexual pleasure and comfort.
7. Your son will thank you for being able to give his girlfriend greater sexual pleasure and comfort.
8. Your son will thank you for respecting him enough to allow him to make his own decisions about his body.
9. Your son will thank you for following your motherly and fatherly instincts over outdated notions about male sexuality.
10. You son will thank you for loving him in his entirety, exactly as he was born to be.
Thank you for your comments — I want to keep the door open for discussion ! I will, however, edit comments directed at individuals that feel insensitive or inflammatory.